August 29, 2003
Eight inducted into Hall of Fame
Eight university legends will be recognized for their contributions to Iowa
State athletics with their induction into the Athletic Hall of Fame 2003
class Sept. 5. This is the seventh class inducted since the tradition began
Among this year's inductees will be Pete Taylor, the "Voice of the
Cyclones," who provided radio play-by-play from 1970 to 2003.
Also inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame will be:
The induction ceremony will be held in the banquet wing at The Hotel at
Gateway Center, with social hour beginning at 5:30 p.m., dinner at 6:30 and
the ceremony at 7:30. Tickets are $35 and available from Kris Tigges,
Jacobson Building, or by calling 4-3558.
- Al Budolfson, basketball (1940-42)
- Jenny Condon, softball (1987-90)
- Karen Glerum, track and field (1989-93)
- Jonah Koech, track and field (1989-93)
- Tim Krieger, wrestling (1986-89)
- Scott McCadam, swimming and diving (1983-86)
- Bob Verbeeck, track and field (1980-84)
The Hall of Fame inductees also will be honored during the Sept. 6 football
game when Iowa State takes on Ohio University at 1 p.m. at Jack Trice
Ames, Iowa 50011, (515) 294-4111
Published by: University Relations,
Copyright © 1995-2003, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.