Iowa State University nameplate

Inside Iowa State
Gold bar
June 8, 2001

Quick exit

The original (1906) front steps to Beardshear Hall are being replaced as part of the building's remodeling. The brick-and-mortar understructure (pictured) will be replaced by precast concrete supports, and the new steps will be a cast stone, more durable than the limestone of the old steps. Handrails also will be added in early August when the new steps are completed. Photo by Bob Elbert.

... Becoming the Best
Ames, Iowa 50011, (515) 294-4111
Published by: University Relations,
Copyright © 1995-2001, Iowa State University. All rights reserved.