Inside Iowa State
December 10, 1999
Commencement held Dec. 17-18
by Anne Krapfl
Fall semester commencement ceremonies will be celebrated next weekend, Dec. 17-18. About 340 students will receive master's (250) or doctoral (90) degrees during an 8 p.m. ceremony Friday, Dec. 17, in Stephens Auditorium. Lloyd Anderson, distinguished professor of agriculture (animal science), will give the commencement address.
Anderson, who has been a member of the ISU faculty since 1961, is recognized internationally for his research on the reproductive physiology of farm animals.
An anticipated 1,275 undergraduate students will receive bachelor's degrees during a 2 p.m. ceremony Saturday, Dec. 18, at Hilton Coliseum. Dean Ulrichson, professor of chemical engineering and Faculty Senate president, will speak. Ulrichson joined the ISU faculty in 1970 and has served in various senate capacities since 1995. His primary research interest is in modeling and simulating chemical processes.
Tickets are not needed for either commencement ceremony.
Each of the undergraduate colleges will honor its students during a college-wide ceremony prior to the Hilton ceremony. A complete list of commencement events is on page 8. The ISU Student Alumni Association is sponsoring a lunch for all undergraduate students and their guests from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the second floor lobby of the Scheman Building. Tickets are $13.50 for adults ($6.75 for children three to 10 years; younger children admitted free) and should be purchased in 158 Memorial Union by Dec. 10.
Commencement Fall semester
Friday, December 17
- 5 p.m., Ceremony, College of Business, for graduate and undergraduate students, Hilton, 4-8430.
- 8 p.m., Commencement, graduate students, Stephens, tickets not needed, 4-9372.
- 9:15-10:15 p.m., Reception, College of Education, first floor lobby, Scheman, 4-8175.
Saturday, December 18
- 9 a.m., Ceremony, College of Agriculture (8:15 a.m. reception), Stephens, 4-8653.
- 9:30 a.m., Ceremony, College of Family and Consumer Sciences (8:30 a.m. reception), Sun Room, Memorial Union, 4-7246.
- 9:30 a.m., Ceremony, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Hilton, 4-7740.
- 10 a.m., Ceremony, College of Design (9:30 a.m. reception), Design atrium, 4-7428.
- 10-11:30 a.m., Reception, College of Engineering (includes informal program), Scheman, 4-9988.
- 11:30 a.m., Ceremony, College of Education (12:45 p.m. reception), Stephens, 4-8175.
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Luncheon, for students and guests of all colleges, second floor lobby, Scheman, purchase tickets by Dec. 10 at 158 Memorial Union, $13.50 adults, $6.75 ages 3-10, free 2 years and younger, 4-8488.
- 2 p.m., Commencement, undergraduate students, Hilton, tickets not needed, 4-9372.
Iowa State homepage
Inside Iowa State, firstname.lastname@example.org, University Relations
Copyright © 1999, Iowa State University, all rights reserved