Inside Iowa State
October 8, 1999
Plant Sciences Institute directors named
Faculty members have been named directors for eight research centers in the universitys new Plant Sciences Institute.
The institute consists of a group of research centers that focus on a variety of areas in the plant sciences.
The newly appointed directors are:
- Pat Schnable, agronomy, Center for Plant Genomics and Center for Plant Transformation and Gene Expression.
- Jim Cornette, mathematics, Center for Bioinformatics and Biological Statistics.
- Arnel Hallauer, agronomy, Center for Plant Breeding.
- Basil Nikolau, biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology, Center for Designer Crops.
- Charlotte Bronson, plant pathology, Center for Plant Responses to Environmental Stresses.
- Larry Johnson, food science and human nutrition, Center for Crops Utilization Research.
- Manjit Misra, agricultural biosystems engineering, Seed Science Center.
Nikolau and Bronson have interim appointments. Johnson and Misra have ongoing appointments, as the Center for Crops Utilization Research and the Seed Science Center are long-established ISU research centers.
Colin Scanes, executive associate dean of the College of Agriculture, recently was appointed interim director of the institute.
For more information, check the story online at: www.iastate.edu/news/releases/99/oct/PSIdirectors.html.
Iowa State homepage
Inside Iowa State, firstname.lastname@example.org, University
RelationsCopyright © 1999, Iowa State University, all rights reserved