Inside Iowa State
October 9, 1998
Graduate/professional school day fair is Oct. 21
The annual Iowa State Graduate and Professional School Day will be held from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 21, in the Memorial Union Great Hall. More than 80 representatives from universities and colleges nationwide, including ISU's Graduate College, will be available to discuss their programs, including admission requirements, costs, student- faculty ratios, job prospects for graduates and student life.
A series of 50-minute seminars on preparing for graduate work will be offered Tuesday, Oct. 20, in the Memorial Union Gallery. Following is a summary of seminar topics:
Pre-registration for the seminars or fair is not required; all events are free and open to the public. For more information, contact Beverly Madden, 4-9490, or visit the event Web site at www.iastate.edu/~career_info/gpd98.html.
- 11 a.m., Choosing and applying to graduate and professional school.
- 12:10 p.m., Taking graduate and professional admission tests, Janet Croyle, ISU Student Counseling Service, and Gwen Woodward, ISU Academic Success Center.
- 1:10 p.m., Financing graduate education, Roberta Johnson, ISU Student Financial Aid, and John Mayfield, ISU Graduate College.
- 2:10 p.m., Opportunities for underrepresented groups (descriptions of universities' efforts to increase enrollments of minority students).
- 3:10 p.m., Using the Web for graduate and professional school exploration, Beverly Madden, ISU Career Services.
Iowa State homepage
Inside Iowa State, email@example.com, University Relations
Copyright © 1998, Iowa State University, all rights reserved
URL: http://www.inside.iastate.edu/1998/1009/Grad fair.html